In today's globalized world, professionals often seek opportunities to work and live in different countries. Physical therapists, with their expertise in healthcare, are in high demand across the globe. This article explores the process of obtaining an EB-3 Green Card as a physical therapist, along with the requirements and benefits. Additionally, we will discuss the H1 visa physical therapist and the residency requirements for divorce in the state of New York.

Understanding the EB-3 Green Card

The EB-3 Green Card is an employment-based immigration visa that allows foreign workers to live and work permanently in the United States. Within the EB-3 category, physical therapists are eligible to apply under the "Skilled Workers, Professionals, and Other Workers" subcategory.

Benefits of an EB-3 Green Card for Physical Therapists

Permanent Residency: An EB-3 Green Card provides physical therapists with the opportunity to become permanent residents of the United States.

Work Authorization: With an EB-3 Green Card, physical therapists can work for any employer in the United States without the need for additional work visas.

Freedom of Movement: Physical therapists with an EB-3 Green Card can freely travel in and out of the United States.

Family Sponsorship: EB-3 Green Card holders can also sponsor their immediate family members for permanent residency.

Access to Government Benefits: Green Card holders are eligible for various government benefits, such as healthcare and social security.

Requirements for an EB-3 Green Card

To qualify for a physical therapist eb-3 green card, you must meet certain requirements:

Educational Qualifications

You must possess a degree in physical therapy or its foreign equivalent. The degree should be from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.

Work Experience

You need to have a minimum of two years of full-time work experience as a physical therapist. This experience should be gained after obtaining the required degree.

Job Offer

You must have a job offer from a U.S. employer who is willing to sponsor your Green Card application. The employer should demonstrate that there are no qualified U.S. workers available for the position.

Labor Certification

The U.S. employer must also obtain a labor certification from the Department of Labor. This certification ensures that hiring a foreign worker will not adversely affect the wages and working conditions of similarly employed U.S. workers.

The H-1B Visa Option for Physical Therapists

In addition to the EB-3 Green Card, physical therapists may consider the H-1B visa as an alternative. The H-1B visa allows skilled professionals to work temporarily in the United States. However, it is important to note that the H-1B visa has certain limitations, such as a cap on the number of visas issued each year.

New York State Residency Requirements for Divorce

Divorce laws vary from state to state, and New York has its own residency requirements. To file for divorce in New York, either you or your spouse must meet one of the following criteria:

The marriage ceremony was performed in New York, and either spouse has been a resident for at least one year.

You and your spouse have lived in New York as a married couple, and either spouse has been a resident for at least one year.

The grounds for divorce occurred in New York, and either spouse has been a resident for at least one year.


Obtaining an EB-3 Green Card is an attractive option for physical therapists who wish to live and work permanently in the United States. It provides various benefits, including permanent residency, work authorization, and the ability to sponsor family members. Additionally, physical therapists can explore the H-1B visa option while considering New York State's residency requirements for divorce. Understanding these immigration and legal aspects is crucial for professionals seeking new opportunities and a better future.