Market Overview: The global market for cell culture media sera reagents reached a value of USD 9.0 billion in 2022, and it is anticipated to reach USD 17.99 billion by 2032, with a projected revenue CAGR of 8% during the forecast period. Key drivers of this revenue growth include the increasing demand for cell culture media sera reagents in the biopharmaceutical industry and their expanding applications in various sectors such as cancer research, drug development, and vaccine production.
Key Competitors: The global cell culture media sera reagent market is highly competitive, with several major players dominating a significant portion of the market revenue. These companies are continually innovating their products, forming strategic alliances, and engaging in mergers and acquisitions to expand their product offerings and market reach. Key players in this competitive industry include Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Merck KGaA, GE Healthcare, Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Lonza Group AG, Corning Incorporated, Sartorius AG, HiMedia Laboratories, Cytiva, and Becton, Dickinson and Company.
Key Developments: Key developments in the market include acquisitions, partnerships, and product launches by major companies:
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. acquired PPD, Inc., a global contract research organization, in 2021, aiming to expand its capabilities in clinical research and development.
- Merck KGaA formed a partnership with BioMed X to co-develop novel cell culture media for therapeutic protein production.
- GE Healthcare launched HyClone MAbXploreTM, a new line of cell culture media designed to improve monoclonal antibody production.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc. acquired Celsee, Inc., a developer of microfluidic systems for single-cell analysis, expanding its presence in the cell analysis market.
- Lonza Group AG acquired HansaBioMed Life Sciences Ltd., a developer of specialized cell culture media and reagents, to support the development of novel therapies and biologics.
Get a sample copy of the Cell Culture Media Sera Reagent Market report: https://www.reportsanddata.com/download-free-sample/7851
The prevalence of chronic diseases, including cancer and autoimmune disorders, is driving the need for cell culture media sera reagents in research and drug discovery. Cell culture allows researchers to study the behavior of cancer cells and develop tailored treatments, which has led to a substantial increase in its application in cancer research.
Technological advancements in cell culture, such as the development of Three-Dimensional (3D) cell culture systems and organoids, are also fueling the market's growth. These advanced systems require specialized fluids and reagents to support complex cell structures. Furthermore, the growing adoption of automation in cell culture is contributing to the demand for high-quality cell culture media sera reagents.
Product Categories: The global cell culture media sera reagent market can be categorized into several product types:
- Foetal Bovine Serum: In 2022, foetal bovine serum accounted for a significant portion of market sales. It is commonly used in cell culture media due to its ability to provide essential nutrients and growth hormones that promote cell development and proliferation. The increasing demand for vaccines and biopharmaceuticals, which rely on cell culture media for production, is contributing to the growth of foetal bovine serum demand.
- Serum-Free Media: The serum-free media segment is projected to achieve the highest revenue CAGR during the forecast period. Serum-free media have gained attention due to their advantages over serum-based media, such as reduced contamination risk and greater control over the cell culture environment. Their use is increasing in various cell culture applications, including stem cell culture and bioproduction.
- Animal Serum: Animal serum is frequently used in cell culture applications for scientific research and bioproduction. However, ethical concerns about using animal-derived components in cell culture media are driving the adoption of serum-free alternatives.
End-Use Segments: The global cell culture media sera reagent market can be divided into various end-use segments:
- Biopharmaceuticals: In 2022, the biopharmaceuticals segment accounted for the largest share of revenue, driven by the increasing demand for biopharmaceutical products and the growth of biopharmaceutical companies worldwide.
- Academic and Research Institutes: This segment is expected to experience the fastest revenue growth during the forecast period, thanks to rising investments in research and development activities in the life sciences and biotechnology fields.
- Contract Research Organizations (CROs): The CROs segment is also anticipated to witness substantial revenue growth due to the outsourcing of research activities by pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
- Others: This category encompasses businesses in the food, cosmetics, and agriculture sectors, where cell culture media sera reagents are used to produce various goods.
Regional Outlook: The Asia Pacific region is expected to experience the fastest revenue growth during the forecast period, primarily due to rising investments in research and development activities, the increasing demand for biopharmaceutical products, and the expansion of biopharmaceutical firms in the area.
Cell culture media sera reagents are now widely employed in biopharmaceutical research to cultivate cells for various purposes, including the production of biologics and new drugs. The demand for these reagents is spurred by the emphasis on developing biologics like monoclonal antibodies and recombinant proteins, as well as the increasing need for cell-based therapies and personalized medicine.
New Product Launches: Recent product launches by key companies in the market include:
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. introduced Gibco CTS RoteaTM Medium, optimized for large-scale production of recombinant proteins and monoclonal antibodies.
- Merck KGaA launched EX-CELL Advanced HD Perfusion Medium for high-density mammalian cell culture.
- GE Healthcare released KUBio Box for cost-effective viral vector production for gene therapy and vaccine development.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc. introduced SsoAdvanced Universal Inhibitor-Tolerant Supermix for sensitive nucleic acid quantification.
- Lonza Group AG launched X-VIVO XFM for the expansion and differentiation of human T cells for immunotherapy.
Explore Trending Reports:
Request a customization of the report: https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/7851
Thank you for reading our report. To know more about the customization or any query about the report contents, please connect with us and our team will ensure the report is tailored to meet your requirements.
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyse consumer behaviour shifts across demographics, across industries, and help clients to make smarter business decisions. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Touch Points, Chemicals, Products, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. Our industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provides our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors.
(Head of Business Development)
Reports and Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370
E-mail: [email protected]
Browse More Upcoming Reports @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/upcoming-reports
Browse More Latest Reports @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report
Browse Latest Blogs: https://www.reportsanddata.com/blogs
Browse Latest Press Release: https://www.reportsanddata.com/press-release